Important advising update in response to COVID-19
All advising appointments will be over the phone or virtually for the duration of the Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 semesters. We care about your safety and want to accommodate any of your concerns to the best of our ability. Your phone/video appointment will still provide you with the same level of information, professionalism, and care that you can expect from an office appointment. Phone appointments will require us to verify your identity in compliance with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) by obtaining a FERPA pin. Click here for instructions on how to create your FERPA pin ahead of time and authorize me to disclose academic information over the phone. If you need help with this, please email email@example.com or I can walk you through this during your scheduled phone appointment.
Before your appointment, please be prepared with the following:
- Please call the advisor at the time of your appointment. Phone number to call is 801-581-8162
- If you book a video appointment please click the meeting link found in your confirmation email at the time of your scheduled appointment. Video appointments will require Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Please make sure your devices are set to Mountain Time Zone (MDT or MST) to avoid booking for the wrong day/time
- Have your FERPA pin ready (phone appointments only)
- Have access to a computer
- Make sure you are in a quiet environment
Your advising needs are important to us in this time of transition to online learning. The College of Humanities has a number of options in place to ensure full access to academic advising through phone or video appointments. If you need to meet with an advisor, please visit our appointment directory: https://humanities.utah.edu/academicadvising/undergraduateadvisors.php. Once you’ve scheduled a phone or virtual appointment, be sure to set up a FERPA pin in CIS (https://advising.utah.edu/release-of-information/index.php).
Your advisor will need to verify your identity before being able to discuss your academic
records by phone or video.
All Appointments Will Take Place Virtually or over Phone:
Connie Corbett may be reached at 801-581-8162